"Well, I'd like to visit the moon
On a rocket ship high in the air
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon
But I don't think I'd like to live there
Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above
I would miss all the places and people I love
So although I might like it for one afternoon
I don't want to live on the moon "
-Sesame Street

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This Semester Might Just Kill Me.

I really have no idea how the hell I'm going to survive this semester. In a blinded attempt to get the hell out of this country as soon as I can, I took 28 credits. I believe in most opinions, this makes me crazy. I agree.

I took all afternoon and evening classes this semester, knowing that I would have a morning hospital practical at least once a week. Little did I know these practicals would be at 7 and 8AM

I am in no way a morning person. I hate waking up early, I don't care what it's for. I hate early-bird flights, I'd much rather fly during the afternoon and night. I get rather grumpy and snappy when I don't get a decent amount of sleep.

Usually, I go to bed around midnight, which I know isn't ideal. Today I found out why it's not. I went to bed last night around 11, hoping that my 7AM wake up call would be easier. It was not. I tossed and turned for two hours, and finally drifted off to sleep around 1AM. Now, when my radio alarm started going off at 7, the first thing that ran through my head was what the hell is going on?! Discombobulated and disoriented, I put on my Ipod to try and jolt me awake, and got ready, and headed out the door with my Yo-Crunch yogurt in hand. Halfway to school, I realized I had forgotten two of my books(I told you I'm not a morning person), and had to walk back home, and power-walk to school. It was hot this morning. Disgustingly humid hot. I actually thought that it would be nice and cool at that God-forsaken hour of the morning. My bad, it was already 85 degrees at 8AM, and I think it was approximately 85% humidity. Gross. I got to school all sweaty, to take my lab practical in preparation for our hospital practicals. These bitches keep us there until 12:30PM, when they finally decide to stop talking. I say talking, when I really mean screeching. Gawd.

I came home just as discombobulated and disoriented as I woke up, ripped my clothes off, and threw myself back into bed, disregarding my 2:30 class. I'll get to that when my sleep schedule is a little better regulated, I think if I had gone to the damn class I would've stabbed myself in the eye with my pencil.

Again, how the hell am I supposed to live through this semester if it's only the third week and I already feel like I'm dying?

No comments:

Post a Comment